Friday, 19 October 2012

Week 12

12.810

// List of Proposed Outcomes

SCRIPT
REALITY
/Mapping/Diagrams
/Hand Sketches

CREATIVITY
/Hand Sketches
/Renders
/3D Perspective

STAGE
PURPOSE
/Diagrams
/Renders

NAVIGATION
/Floor Plans
/Elevations
/Sections
/Renders

SCENES
PRESENCE & IDENTITY
/Master Plan
/Site Plan
/Render

FIRST-PERSON EXPERIENCE
/Exterior and Interior Renders
/Hand Sketch
/Walk-through Animation
/Storyboard


/ Exploring in 3D FORM


I explored this type of floor plate to investigate light shadows in spaces.
I found the shape interesting, however it was difficult to provide connectivity
throughout spaces. Furthermore, the large open space did not provide enough
activation of the lane way
I decided to incorporate a covered floor plate, however, there was lack of sunlight
in the lane.

Exploration of lane way. How could I make the element of water interactive for users?
I explored the concept of an amphitheatre, however, as it was on the Ground Level, it
was difficult to allow sunlight into the area

Change in floor shape; I decided to explore linear shapes.
One problem I encountered was maximising views around the pavilion 

Investigation of floor plan; I decided to expand the floor area of the levels.
I wanted to explore how the lane way could be further activated if
I expanded the length of the lane way.

Creating a dramatic entrance; essential part of public architecture.
In this frame, I was exploring how I could frame the entrance
to represent the beginning of the journey through the pavilion.

Creating sections along the side of the building; incorporating shadows.
Creating void areas one each level to maximise sunlight.

Exploring materials; using glass to maximise sunlight to the lane way

No comments:

Post a Comment